Today I am thankful for extremely stressful times.
So this post is an experiment. I’m using this to figure out a way to go from being disappointed, depressed and stressed out from the craziness of work to remembering why I love my career and the stressful but ultimately incredibly rewarding challenges it provides.
So as I start this post I am not a fan of stress. I am not thankful for it. I am not excited about it. I feel like this…
So let’s see if this experiment will work and having me giving stress this instead…
Don’t worry, Gavin was just showing me a small cut on his finger 🙂
So here goes nothing…
- When you’re uncomfortable you’re growing
- Pressure will turn you into dust or a diamond
- Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress we may find amounts of energy and power we never dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction
- I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will
- Stay true to our purpose but be ready to adjust your course
- Enjoy the journey, if truly appreciated it will be greater than the destination
After reading and re-reading each of these I can’t help but smile. That which doesn’t kill me will only make me stronger. Just like training for a marathon this is the grueling training run that is literally creating small cracks in my bones that my body will heal over to make me stronger before crossing the finish line.
My career is my choice, I am taking this stress on willingly. Suck it up champ, life is tough. The coolest shit in life usually comes after the greatest of pains. I got this, and this will make me stronger. In my head I’m watching one of the best motivational videos… I am a champion: https://youtu.be/yX39J_YyKbs
Yes, I truly am thankful for this stress. It molds and creates me as I create and mold it. This post has helped and done wonders for my attitude. I am ready, I got this.
And if the post didn’t help enough, how about a little care package from the most awesome wife ever to help me relax…
Pretty sure this is a Guy’s version of getting flowers. 🙂